Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Week 10

I am currently thinking about why I would want to write about animal advocacy in the arts. My top reason would have to be that I am extremely passionate about animal rights and how the world perceives and treats the animals, especially farm animals. It would be amazing if I was somehow able to connect the two together. I think that it is very well possible, but I am not quite sure the direction that I want to go. I know that previously their have been artists who have done performance pieces with dead animals or they tortured animals. I want to find out all the artists who have done art pieces with animals and figure out their reasoning behind choosing that for their art.

I think that we can learn a lot of our culture by how we treat animals. How does society perceive living among the animals? Why is it ok to treat a dog a certain way and a farm animal differently? This weeks reading on Social Art History as very interested to me and I would like to future explore this methodology. I really connected to what T.J. Clark had to say about social art history in this weeks textbook reading.

Current task: further explore the connect of animal advocacy in the arts. I want to figure out what is currently being down. I am also not to familiar with advocacy among the arts and would like to further explore. Find books. articles dealing with both animals in the arts and advocacy in the arts.

I am really excited about the direction that my topic is going! I look forward to learning more on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment