Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Topic Ideas

The past week I have been thinking of potential topics for my paper. I have the broad topic idea of Mexican Churches, but I know that I need to focus and be more specific. I probably will want to focus on churches from the colonial era/Baroque style of architecture.

Questions to consider:
-What area of Mexico to focus on?
-Was there one main architect?
-What is the meaning behind the church architecture?
-When did the Baroque style begin?
-How was the church influential in converting natives to Catholicism?
-Is their a political/government role involved with the churches today?
-Does the church architecture play the same role as it did when built?

Trying to find a narrow/specific topic is very tricky. I like the idea of questioning how the church the church has influenced the people. How much did the style of architecture play an important part in converting natives?

Having been inside some of the churches in Mexico, I am amazed and astonished by how much gold and details were put into the churches.

For me I find Mexican Barque churches to have elements of the European Barque style except it is on steroids. I am very fascinated by this and want to further explore the elements that make up this style of architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment