Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Researching

As I begin researching further into my topic for my senior capstone, I would like to write down different different research techniques/resources that both worked in the past and those that haven't worked. From prior experience I know that it is best not to wait to do your research. I will admit that I am a procrastinator, which is something that I have improved upon throughout college, and waiting until the last minute for your research doesn't work at all. Research takes time. I have used the Interlibrary Loan Service before and it is wonderful. I love the fact that you can get a book from another library; however, you must request the book well in advance because it could take a couple of weeks to get to you. I will definitely be using this service for my project.

I am pretty familiar with JSTOR and have used it for most of my research papers. I have started to look for articles on my topic, but I probably will have to use more books than articles if I do decide to write about Mexican Churches. I have not been able to find tons of articles pertaining to the topic, but I will keep on researching.

From the last class, I learned about Zotero and was really intrigued by it. I have made an account and have been saving my articles that I find on JSTOR. It is a wonderful website! I really wish that I would have know about this sooner. I think that it will help me with my project and keeping track of the different resources that I am using. In the past, I  have lost a citation that I have needed and had to go back through and try and find it. I really would like it avoid that happening.

I am still continuing my research on Mexican Churches, focusing on those from the colonial period and Baroque style. I am not sure what direction I want to go with this topic. I hope that my research will help me find a more specific topic to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment